Friday, March 16, 2012

THE RIGHT CHOICE: HEY PIZZA MAN!!




THE RIGHT CHOICE: HEY PIZZA MAN!!

For seven years of my life, I ran pizza restaurants. I was the owner of a small place in my hometown along with working for Pizza Hut and Papa Johns. No matter what city I worked in, I would slowly hear “Hey, Pizza Man!” when I was at the local grocery store or mall. I would also know people by what kind of pizza they ordered. I had one guy called, “Pepperoni thin crust with mom.” I actually ran into him and his mom a few weeks back.

That “Hey Pizza Man!” would be fun to hear. It would sort of give me pride in my product, especially when it was my own pizza. I was happy to make other people happy, even though at the time I was feeding them unhealthy food along with being close to 280 lbs myself.

I was recently at the grocery store and as one of my friends, Casey Greene, passed by, he said, “Hey Dietman!” and shook his head when he saw what I had at the checkout counter. Casey, whom I have tried to get on the program more than once, took a look at my yogurts, bananas and nuts. He got a big smile on his face and named everything I was buying.

Yes!! I was happy and couldn't wait to tell Misty about it!! I was finally the DIETMAN, instead of the Pizza Man, and was proud of how many people I have helped so far. And Casey is reminded every time he sees me – even though it might be at the grocery store or wherever – that I am the Dietman and follow my program every day of the week. It also will be in the back of his mind – that I could help him whenever he is ready.

This is my life. I made the choice to change it just like you. Whether you are called the “oddball” or “the one on the diet” or “599dietman”, keep your head up high and be happy you are on the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment